Thursday, June 11, 2009

"Daddy, daddy, daddy get up."/"They should have killed me together with my father."


Find it. Watch it.

http://www.shineglobal.org/?page_id=11

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0912599/



"For the past two decades, the children of the Acholi tribe in northern Uganda have been caught in the middle of a horrific war between the country’s leadership and a rebel force, the Lord’s Resistance Army.
But when the camp’s primary school unexpectedly wins a regional music competition, the opportunity to compete nationally in Kampala brings with it the forgotten chance to dream.
We follow 3 remarkable children, Nancy, Dominic, and Rose as they transform from victims of war into triumphant young adults."


Despite how much I hate humans I still find them fascinating, even occasionally wonderful. And for some reason I am most attracted to docs about 'em that raise tears in my eyes. Tears of joy, tears of horror, tears of hope, tears of anger. This film brings them all.



No comments: