Friday, June 26, 2009

"This Has Been a Sad Week"



I'm reposting this directly from Kirk Douglas' MySpace page. I'm taking such a liberty only because it's so well written I thought it worth sharing.

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=171170276&blogID=497099489



June 26, 2009 - Friday

Tragedies

"This has been a sad week.

"We don't like to think about it, but we all know that someday we will die. But, when someone dies young it makes us think about the preciousness of life.

"I did a movie with Farrah Fawcett in London. What a beautiful girl with a great sense of humor. Michael Jackson gave millions of people all over the world enjoyment. Yes, he had his problems. It's sad to think of such a great talent extinguished when his light was burning so brightly. It makes me think of the people in my profession that have died too young: Steve McQueen, Natalie Wood, Marilyn Monroe. I know the pain of personal tragedy, my son Eric died at 46. When I visit his grave every week I see fresh flowers at the gravesite of Marilyn Monroe (Joe DiMaggio arranged for their delivery every week after her death).

"While we mourn for the deaths of young people like Michael Jackson and Farrah Fawcett, let us think about how precious life is and resolve to make it worthwhile."





No comments: