Tuesday, September 16, 2008

God is in your checkbook!


I don't know what mailing list I'm on, or how I got there, but weekly I get these odd little offers to send God's agents some cash so they'll prey (whoops! that's pray) for my financial success. This is from yesterday's:



One thing I like about this is that twice on the same page they make a direct association between your writing of a check and your service to your God.


And then the (beautifully rendered) picture itself shows a check being made out directly to Jesus!




And this picture was in the envelope you use to send them your money:


I almost don't have words for it. A beatific, somewhat stoned-with-holiness, white-hippy Jesus, too lost in revery & reverence to actually look at the mail he's to deliver (to dad?)!

And the 'Cartoon Network' quality of the hand & envelope drawn in over Jesus' blessing, changing his gesture of absolution & salvation to a simple mail-snatch! Gorgeous!


Think of the sincerity & piety, of Lordly ministering, these envelope-stuffing wolves manage to imagine for themselves to justify fleecing the believers.

Staggering, wonderful, disgusting, awful and awesome.





No comments: