Thursday, July 16, 2009

"Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?"



So in the parking lot of the store I work at there's a white delivery truck that's been sitting in the same spot for about a week.

My coworker Joy left me a note asking if we should report it. I said "No, it's got that cool 'the Cook, the Thief...' vibe going on" knowing she'd get the reference to a horrible event in a Peter Greenaway film from 1989.

Getting out of my car today I decided to check the back door for a lock, thinking I may pop it off with some monster bolt cutters I have. What do ya know? No lock!

Since I happen to have some leather gloves (no prints), a powerful flashlight (no surprises), and a camera (no lack of evidence) with me; I've decided after I close the store tonight (and under cover of darkness) I'm going to check out what's in the truck.

What will I find? Will it be the remains of a mobile meth-lab? The desiccated remains of some undocumented workers? Thousands of discount sunglasses? Or will I be just another Geraldo digging in Al Capone's vaults?

Tune in later to read about my next exciting adventure! With pictures!




1 comment: