Saturday, July 11, 2009

Dear Asshole, thanks for picking my plate to steal.





My one day off this week, when I decide to treat myself to a film I want to see in the theatre instead of waiting for the video like I normally do.

Thanks for taking the plate off my car. My beat-up; 24-year-old; not-insured; I-only-own-because-my-friend-Jason-hooked-me-up-&-it-only-cost-$290; motherfucking-clunker-but-I-love-to-drive-her-&-SHE's-MINE piece of shit car.

Obviously, out of all the other cars on Capitol Hill tonight I'm the guy with all the free time & all the extra cash to deal with this kind of hassle.

Do me one favor? Before you strap that plate on your car & start doing drug runs with my number (the #1 reason plates are stolen in Seattle) give me enough time to wait for the cop to show & take my statement reporting it stolen? That extra kinda noise I can do without.


7/12 update: To get new plates in Washington State you have to fill out a form (Affidavit of Loss/Release of Interest "TD-420-040"), get it Notarized, and then take it to your nearest Dept. of Licensing with picture ID, your Registration, and money. This is going to end up costing me 50+ bucks and the better part of a day driving around Seattle.


No comments: