Thursday, May 7, 2009

Good for the soul....


I haven't seen "Crank" with Jason Statham, I heard it was an okay action "cartoon" if you're looking for big explosions and whatnot, and don't mind turning your brain off for awhile. The basic plot is a hitman is injected with a poison that will kill him shortly unless he can keep his adrenaline level elevated.

Now I have nothing against cheezy action films; I watch so many good films (last one seen: "Le Lit de la Vierge", or "the Virgin's Bed" http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0064593/; it was quite a good little trip) I occasionally need to just blow out the old jets with something mindless. So don't think I'm mocking this just because it's an action film.

Anyways, they made a sequal, "Crank 2: High Voltage". It opened back in April; made it's cost ($20 mil) back during it's domestic release. A friend clued me in to how 'awesome' the trailer is. It's so ridiculous you end up feeling better by the end of it you've been laughing so hard. I still don't plan on seeing it however.

Keep in mind, he fell out of a helicopter & died at the end of the first "Crank".
Enjoy.



No comments: